Laurie Sanderson reported the following St Augustine and St Johns County locations to Historic City News where the Florida Department of Transportation will be conducting roadwork that is expected to have an impact on driving, beginning this morning and continuing through the coming week.
St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach and Crescent Beach: Plan for extra bicycle traffic and possible temporary travel disruptions Saturday and Sunday along U.S. 1, State Road A1A, State Road 206 and several local roads as the North Florida Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society hosts Bike MS: PGA TOUR Cycle to the Shore!
Downtown St. Augustine: Daytime lane and road closures Saturday, October 5 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. for Pink Up The Pace 5k race. Affected roads include South Castillo Drive, Avenida Menendez, South Street, Oneida Street, Duero Street, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, Park Street, Cordova Street and Orange Street. U.S. 1 and King Street may be used as alternate routes.
Race Track Road: Daytime lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Wednesday over I-95 for routine bridge maintenance.
State Road 13: Daytime lane closures from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday from Bartram Trail to Greenbriar Road for ditch cleaning.
• Daytime lane closures from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday from Grove Bluff Road to Myron Road for ditch cleaning.
• Daytime lane closures while crews repaint the roadway markings from State Road 16 to the Duval County line.
State Road 16: Nighttime lane closures from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m. from Toms Road to San Marco Avenue for painting roadway lines. Possible daytime lane closures from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for sod delivery.
State Road 206: Daytime lane closures over the Crescent Beach Bridge from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. No more total bridge closures with detours are planned at this time.
State Road A1A: Daytime lane closures from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday from South Serenata Beach Drive to Mickler Road for clearing along the bike path.
• Daytime lane closures from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday from Carcaba Road to Village Drive in Vilano Beach for repairs to the overhead pedestrian bridge.
• Daytime lane closures while crews repaint the roadway markings from the Flagler County line to Avenida Menendez.
U.S. 1: Daytime lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday from King Street to Saragossa Street for work in the medians.
• Daytime lane closures from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday from Malaga Street to Orange Street for landscaping the medians.
• Daytime shoulder closures in both directions between County Road 210 and Nocatee Parkway for construction of an overpass at County Road 210.
• A section of Old Dixie Highway is permanently closed for construction of a new overpass at U.S. 1 and County Road 210. Access to properties in the area is provided using Cross Ridge Drive, a new road connecting to U.S. 1. For additional information, please contact Gina Busscher at 386-758-3714.
• Daytime lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. just north of Lewis Speedway for construction of a turn lane for a new convenience store and gas station. For more information, please contact Randy Rafuse at 904-626-3839.
• Daytime lane closures while crews repaint the roadway markings from the Flagler County line to the Duval County line.