Historic City News reporters attending the Tuesday, February 19, 2013 meeting of the St Johns County Commission have obtained this summary of action taken during the regularly scheduled business meeting.
This is an executive summary, only. The St Johns County Clerk of Court will publish the official minutes of the meeting, which should be consulted before taking any action.
• Regular Agenda Item One –
• Treasure Beach Canals MSBU Notice of Intent to Use Uniform Method
St. Johns County Ordinance 91-47 created the Treasure Beach Canals Municipal Service Benefit Unit (MSBU) to dredge the canals. The assessments have expired and the canals are again filling in. Representatives of the property owners have presented County staff with an engineer’s plan and estimate, and petitions from a majority of property owners asking for a MSBU to finance a dredging project that would be repaid, with interest, with non-ad valorem assessments. The Board approved the resolution providing notice of intent to use the uniform method of collections for the Treasure Beach Canals MSBU.
• Regular Agenda Item Two –
• Rezoning for the use of an Assisted Living Facility, Palms at Ponte Vedra
The Board approved a request to rezone 8.91 acres from Planned Unit Development (PUD) and Residential General (RG-1) to Open Rural (OR) with conditions for the proposed use of an assisted living facility known as “The Palms at Ponte Vedra”. The subject property is located on the north side of Solana Rd, just west of A1A.
• Regular Agenda Item Four –
• Appointment to the Library Advisory Board
The Board approved the appointment of B. Young McQueen to the Library Advisory Board.
• Regular Agenda Item Five –
• Appointments to the Tourist Development Council
The Board approved the reappointment of Scott Bartosch and the appointment of Anthony Lazzara to the Tourist Development Council.
• Regular Agenda Item Six –
• Consideration of the Renewal of the County Attorney Contract
The Board approved a six month extension of the County Attorney Contract.
• Regular Agenda Item Seven –
• Sale of Surplus County Property to St. Johns Housing Partnership
The Board approved a resolution declaring certain County owned property as surplus and authorized the sale of the property pursuant to Florida Statutes section 125.35. A notice of sale was published for the property located at 1033 Hibiscus Street for sale “AS IS” to the highest bidder. The only bid received was from the St. Johns Housing Partnership (SJHP) in the amount of $35,000. SJHP plans to renovate the home for use under their work force housing program.
• Regular Agenda Item Eight –
• Grant Application with State Department of Environmental Protection
The Board approved a resolution for a grant application between the Board of County Commissioners and the State of Florida Department of Environmental Protection, regarding TMDL Water Quality Restoration.
© 2013, HISTORIC CITY NEWS. All rights reserved.