Pete Weiland, President, IAFF Local 2282, Professional Firefighters of St Augustine, has invited Historic City News readers to support the Third Annual Firefighter Chili Cook-off; where the proceeds will benefit a local, regional, and national charity organization.
Firefighters from St Augustine Fire Department’s Local 2282 will be rattling those chili pots early for Saturday’s cook-off; December 14, 2013, open from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the St Augustine Amphitheatre located at 1340-C SR-A1A South, on Anastasia Island.
• Sample chili made by firefighters from around the state
• Traditional and alternate chili categories
• Fire engines, ladders and ambulances
• Exciting live fire simulations
• Educational demonstrations of proper fire extinguisher usage
• Live demonstration of the “Jaws of Life”
• Home and life safety education
The three beneficiaries of this year’s cook-off will be Firefighters for Families, Second Harvest Food Bank and the IAFF Burn Foundation, who will each share equally in the donations.
Admission to the cook-off is free — reasonable donations for food samples