Letter: Beach commission meeting tonight
Commissioner Undine C. Pawlowski
St. Augustine Beach, FL
Hope everyone is enjoying the warmer temps today.
Just a reminder that tonight is the February Commission Meeting (February 3rd, 7:00 p.m.)
Here is a look at some items of interest on this month’s agenda:
A. Plaque to Mr. Troy Arrington for Saving Two Children from Drowning
B. Recognition of Police Officers:
1) Certificate of Officer Russell Kelly for Five Years of Employment with the City
2) Plaque to Sergeant Ralph Correa for Ten Years of Employment with the City
C. Holiday Lighting Awards:
a. Best Use of Recycled Materials: 213 10th Street ( Ms. Ann Palmquist)
b. Best Energy Efficient/LED Lighting: 22 Surfcrest Street ( Ms. Debbie Tilley)
2) Best Neighborhood/Subdivision Entrance: Spanish Oaks (Ms. Sheila Billings)
D. Part-Time Events Coordinator, Mr. Michael Cunningham:
1) Update Report by Mr. Cunningham on Recent New Year’ s Eve Beach Blast Off and Preparations for Event in December 2014
2) Review of Mr. Cunningham’ s First Year with the City
E. Request to Have Red Light Cameras at Certain Intersections in the City
Continued discussion of review of Ordinance to Amend Planned Unit Development to Include Preservation of Two Trees and Reserving of Lots between 7th and 8th Streets for Parking
Consideration of request by Courtyard Marriott of Reducing Payment to City of $560,000.00 for the Vacating of 6th Street Right-of-Way between AlA Beach Boulevard and 2nd Avenue
- Social media policy draft — review of changes
- Parking of Tractor Trailer Cabs in City Hall Parking Lot during Early Voting and Elections: Request by Commissioner Helhoski to Discuss
- Variances for Parking: Consideration of Requiring Commission Approval if Variance Exceeds by 35% the Number of Required Parking Spaces
- City Charter: Setting a Date in March for Workshop Meeting with the Charter Review
Don’t forget to speak up about what you believe is right for our community on these and other important issues by attending the meeting and being heard.
Please contact me if you have any questions on the agenda or other items and most importantly, speak up on the issues that are important to you! My representation of your concerns requires your input!
© 2014, HISTORIC CITY NEWS. All rights reserved.