Beginning today, 46-year-old Lane Harlan Mason fills a vacant seat on the Council and is appointed for a term ending October 1, 2016. Mason is the vice president of shared operations for McKesson Medical.
Mason and his wife Shanna live in St Augustine.
“I am truly honored by Governor Rick Scott’s selection and look forward to representing St Johns County on the Northeast Florida Regional Planning Council,” Mason told reporters.
The mission of the Council is to be a dynamic network of local governance; providing visionary leadership, advocacy, and coordination between counties and local, state and federal governmental agencies to preserve and enhance the quality of Northeast Florida’s economic, natural, built and social environment by:
- Actively serving as a convener of regional issues
- Fostering public awareness of diverse regional issues
- Identifying trends, issues and opportunities for the Region
- Building consensus for Regional solutions through coordination and cooperation
- Providing a regionally focused forum for comprehensive and functional planning
- Furnishing technical and administrative assistance to local governments and other stakeholders
- Maintaining expertise among staff and pursuing technologies that support the successful implementation of the MISSION
Also appointed, subject to confirmation by the Florida Senate:
Aaron Bell, of Fernandina Beach, is the owner of Science First. He succeeds Larry Williams and is appointed for a term beginning July 2, 2014, and ending October 1, 2015.
Elaine Brown, of Neptune Beach, is a realtor for Killashee Investments. She is reappointed for a term beginning July 2, 2014, and ending October 1, 2016.
Robert Sgroi, of Palm Coast, is a retired purchasing agent for the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office. He is reappointed for a term beginning July 2, 2014, and ending October 1, 2015.
© 2014, St Augustine. All rights reserved.