The Ancient City Crawfish Boil, scheduled for May 8 and 9 at Francis Field, is expected to impact traffic in the area surrounding the site according to an announcement received by Historic City News this afternoon.
In anticipation of a large influx of vehicles, the St. Augustine Police Department has developed a traffic management plan to lessen the impact on surrounding neighborhoods.
Starting at noon on Friday and Saturday (May 8 and 9):
• Access to Grove Ave., East Ln., and Rohde Ave. will be prohibited from Ponce de Leon Blvd. (U.S. 1) and San Marco Ave.
• Access to Cincinnati Ave. will be prohibited from Ponce de Leon Blvd. (U.S. 1) but will be allowed at San Marco Ave.
• Access to Shenandoah St., Joiner St., Mulberry St. and Locust St. will be prohibited from San Marco Ave.
• Access to Pine St. will be allowed.
• Cordova St. north of Orange St. will be closed to through-traffic starting at noon both days.
• Castillo Dr. will be closed to east-bound traffic when the Historic Downtown Parking Facility has reached capacity.
Ponce de Leon Blvd. (U.S. 1) in the vicinity Castillo Dr. will experience above normal congestion during the event which runs from 3pm-10pm on May 8, and 2pm-10pm on May 9.
The St. Augustine Police Department will work diligently to minimize inconvenience to area residents and traffic not related to the event.