Historic City News received word from the City of St. Augustine this week so that we could update our readers on the traffic control plan for the Fourth of July fireworks.
Street Closures on July 4th
• Charlotte St. between King St. and Cathedral Pl.
8:30pm until approximately 10:30pm
• The Temporary Bridge of Lions
• S. Castillo Dr. and Avenida Menendez north of the Temporary Bridge of Lions
• Cathedral Pl. from Avenida Menendez to St. George St.
• Orange St. from S. Castillo Dr. to Ponce de Leon Blvd. (U.S. 1)
Detours in effect from 8:30pm until approximately 10:30pm
• King St. will be two-way
• King St. eastbound will turn north on St. George St., then west on Cathedral Pl. (detour routed to Cordova St. to King St.)
• Avenida Menendez northbound will turn west on King St.
• San Marco Ave. southbound will turn west on W. Castillo Dr. to Ponce de Leon Blvd. (U.S. 1)
• W. Castillo Dr. eastbound will turn north on San Marco Ave.
• Anastasia Blvd. westbound may not cross the Temporary Bridge of Lions
• The Historic Downtown Parking Facility at the Visitors Information Center holds 1,200 cars. The cost is $7.00 for all day.
• All public parking throughout the city will be available at no charge the entire the day.
• There will be no access to the parking lot of the Castillo de San Marcos National monument from 6:00pm until 11:00pm.