Dave Chatterton updated Historic City News on the Easter Parade; scheduled for Sunday, April 12th at 3:00 p.m.
Time: The parade begins at 3:00pm and lasts approximately 90 minutes.
Route: The parade assembles along San Marco Ave. and Williams St. and then proceeds:
South on San Marco Ave.
South on S. Castillo Dr.
South on Avenida Menendez
West on Cathedral Pl.
North on Cordova St.
The parade will disburse in the vicinity of the St. Augustine & St. Johns County Visitor Information Center and the Historic Downtown Parking Facility.
• Parking is prohibited all day on San Marco Ave., Avenida Menendez, and King St.
• Parking will be allowed on Cathedral Pl. until noon.
Detours starting @ 2:00pm until the end of the parade :
• A1A Southbound (May St.) will use San Carlos Ave. to U. S. 1 South.
• King St. eastbound will use one lane only from Cordova St. to the Bridge of Lions and may not turn north on Avenida Menendez.
• Bridge of Lions westbound will be routed into one lane westbound on King St. to Cordova St. and then into normal traffic flow.
• W. Castillo Dr. & Orange St. will be closed.
• St. George St. between King St. & Cathedral Pl. will be closed to traffic all day.
The parade may be viewed all along the route except for the area in the vicinity of the intersection of Avenida Menendez and Cathedral Pl. and Anderson Cir., where construction related to the Bridge of Lions has several pedestrian areas closed.
The official reviewing stand will be at the corner of Cathedral Pl. and St. George St.
For more information on the parade, visit www.staugeasterfestival.com.