Historic City News learned of the accidental collision of a city trash truck with the Llambias House balcony, opposite the Oldest House on St. Francis Street.
The accident has resulted in a successful project to repair both front and rear porches of the National Historic Landmark.
The City and Historical Society resources were combined to make necessary repairs to both areas.
The city-owned Fernández-Llambias House, built before 1763, has been overseen by the Historical Society since 1945 and is a popular venue for weddings and other events.
Funding for the $11,300 project came from a George Arnold donation to the society in 2007 and $4,050 from the City.
Photo credit: Historic City News staff photo