St. Johns County Administrator Michael Wanchick has announced to local reporters of Historic City News that the 2nd annual Administrator Town Hall meetings will be held throughout the County in next month.
Last summer Wanchick hosted Town Hall meetings for the first time as the County faced very difficult budget decisions. The community dialogue and feedback that ensued was critical to the final 2010 budget adopted by the County Commission.
While Wanchick does not anticipate a millage rate or tax increase this year, he believes enhanced communication with the community is still extremely important, especially in relation to several forthcoming financial challenges that will be facing the County in future years. “The town hall meetings are based upon a renewed sense of community outreach because beyond those essential services the County Commission is legally required to provide, the annual budget should reflect the desires of the community,” said Wanchick. “At the end of the budgetary process, the adopted budget should reflect a consensus of the input received from our residents.”
While the 2010 Town Hall presentation will discuss the 2011 budget, it will also begin to examine a long-term financial strategy for St. Johns County and poses questions for the future. After each presentation Wanchick will engage citizens in a question and answer session. Additionally, citizens will be invited to provide feedback following the meetings to the County Administrator and Commissioners via a dedicated email account and telephone line.
2010 Town Hall Meetings
* Thursday, June 3rd – 3:00 pm – St. Augustine Beach City Hall
* Monday, June 7th – 6:30 pm – Southeast Branch Library
* Thursday, June 10th – 6:30 pm – Hastings Town Hall
* Monday, June 14th – 9:00 am – St. Johns County Auditorium
* Thursday, June 17th – 6:30 pm – Fruit Cove Middle School
* Tuesday, June 22nd – 6:30 pm – Ponte Vedra Beach Branch Library
* Thursday, June 24th – 6:30 pm – St. Johns Convention Center at World Golf Village