Historic City News was informed that assistant city attorney for St. Augustine, Carlos E. Mendoza, is among six finalists to replace St. Johns County Judge Patti A. Christensen, who was appointed to the circuit bench in Putnam County last month.
A panel of the judicial nominating committee heard from twenty applicants in interviews held Tuesday at the Courthouse Annex in the Richard O. Watson Judicial Center in St. Augustine.
Although it is not known when a final selection will be made, a short list of six recommended candidates to replace Christensen has been forwarded to Governor Charlie Crist to consider.
The nominations for St. Johns County Judge are:
* Alexander R. Christine, St. Augustine attorney.
* Howard O. McGillin Jr., St. Augustine attorney.
* Carlos E. Mendoza, assistant city attorney for St. Augustine.
* Kathleen McNeilly, DeLand attorney.
* Denise E. Mensh, Daytona Beach attorney.
* Michael B. Wingo, general master/magistrate and child support hearing officer in DeLand.
Photo credits: © 2010 Historic City News staff photographer