St. Johns County Fire Rescue reported to the local news desk that they will host a Department Awards Ceremony tomorrow to recognize citizens, firefighters, paramedics and units for their achievements during the past year.
The ceremonies will be held on Friday, January 29, 2010 at 3:00 p.m. and are being held at the St. Johns County Auditorium located at 500 San Sebastian View.
The following awards and commendations will be presented:
• The Citizen Appreciation Award will be presented to 12 year-old Matthew Norton.
• 2009 Firefighter of the Year – FF/EMT Patrick Taaffe
• 2009 Paramedic of the Year – FF/Paramedic Peter Accorti
• Unit Commendation for the personnel who assisted in the rescue of a trapped shrimp boat fisherman
• Unit Commendation for the personnel who responded to the Easter boat crash in the ICW near Roscoe Blvd.