Emily Marcellus, President of Flagler College Students in Free Enterprise, is asking Historic City News readers to help her student organization win a $250,000 grant from Pepsi to finance their “Containers for a Cause” project.
The model for Containers for a Cause is to establish a business that will employ work-release prisoners to convert shipping containers into affordable housing for the homeless and low-income residents of St. Augustine.
• Transform used shipping containers into houses and businesses
• Provide new homes for the homeless
• Create a business that serves as a vocational training program
• Teach skills to at risk individuals and give them chance to succeed
• Save forests and eliminate waste
Pepsi awards this grant to the project that receives the most votes online in a single month.
“Voting will begin December 1st, and we need you to vote once a day for 31 days,” Marcellus said. “Starting today, I’m asking for your daily vote.”
There are two simple ways to vote, first, text the number “104881” to PEPSI (73774) save it in your phone and text it every single day. Second, visit the voting webpage at http://www.refresheverything.com/containersforacause