The second Super Scenic A1A Highway Garage Sale will be held on Saturday November 13th, according to an announcement received by Historic City News from the Friends of A1A Scenic and Historic Coastal Byway.
The event begins at 9 a.m. Saturday along the nationally designated A1A Scenic and Historic Coastal Byway, the 72-mile Atlantic coastal corridor through St. Johns and Flagler counties. The event will provide an opportunity for persons to combine an old-fashioned drive along the scenic highway with stops along the way for bargains and household goods.
For those who do not live along A1A and want to participate in the sale, Friends of A1A has arranged for space at the following locations:
St. Johns County
• 133 Lost Beach Lane at Ponte Vedra near Micklers Landing;
• 2724 S. Ponte Vedra Blvd. at the Community Civic Association;
• 311 13th St. Vilano Beach;
• 120 Meadow Ave. at North Shores Community Center, Vilano Beach;
• 1020 Anastasia Blvd at the Surf Shop;
• 100 Malacompra Rd at the Hammock Community Center;
• 5328 Oceanshore Blvd at the Hammock Baptist Church;
• 5182 N Oceanshore Blvd at the BB&T Bank;
• 2757 N Oceanshore Blvd at Beverly Beach across from Town Hall;
• 1616 S Oceanshore Blvd in Flagler Beach.
A $15 donation is requested from each vendor to cover promotional costs and to benefit the Friends of A1A. Register at www.scenica1a.org with pay pal or send $15 contribution to 2175 Mizell RD, St. Augustine 32080.
Those interested in securing space at those locations or hosting a garage sale should contact the Friends of A1A in advance at 904.425-8055, 386-585-3679 or 904.540-0402. Friends of A1A will have marker signs at each location. Bargain seekers should look for signs on A1A directing garage sale hunters to side streets participating in the sale.
Its unknown how many persons will be hosting garage sales on that day, or what times they will be participating, but buyers should plan to get an early start, Friends of A1A Administrator Sallie O’Hara said. “We are hoping this will be a great day for bargain hunters to take a scenic and historic drive down A1A and find great sales in the two counties,” she said. “This is an opportunity to recycle our household goods and earn some extra money for the holiday season.”
In addition to the Friends of A1A, other community groups supporting the garage sale include the South Ponte Vedra Civic Association, the North Shores Improvement Association; Hammock Beach Baptist Church and the Matanzas Shores Women’s Club.