Barbara B. Jenness announced to Historic City News the formation of a new business council lead by professionals interested in promoting the St. Augustine region to individuals outside the area.
St. Augustine Regional Council (the StAR Council for short) will hold a “Meet and Greet” this Thursday, September 30th between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. at Zhanras on St. Augustine Beach and they are encouraging others to learn about their plans and get acquainted.
“Come find out what all the excitement is about,” Jenness said. “Please feel free to call me at 904-823-0027 for more info.”
Jenness, who is a local real estate agent, says, “We are a group of professionals dedicated to promoting our community.”
In her announcement, Jenness observed that The Chamber promotes St. Augustine to businesses and The Visitors & Convention Bureau promotes to visitors.
“No group is actively pursuing individuals who may be contemplating a move to Florida, but have not heard of or considered St. Augustine,” Jenness wrote.
The StAR Council is open to professionals who live or work in St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra, World Golf Village, Palencia, Crescent Beach, Vilano Beach, and Hastings.
There are many opportunities to participate, according to Jenness. Some of the committee assignments will include:
• Community & Government Affairs Committee – keeps the membership informed on issues influencing the industry and the community.
• Community Events/Programs – helping out in the community, general membership programs
• Finance – chaired by Treasurer
• Marketing/Public Relations – includes market research & Website
• Ways & Means
• Other (Bylaws, Special committees, task forces)