The city manager has reserved time during the regular 5:00 meeting of the St. Augustine City Commission Monday night to review workshop discussion and is seeking approval for two other items relevant to the 450th Anniversary Commemoration of the founding of the city in 1565.
The workshop will convene at 3:30 p.m. Monday and affords commissioners to discuss business concerning the 450th amongst them while conducting such discussions in public view.
The commissioners may accept public comment, however, they are not required to.
The agenda for the workshop:
• Roll Call.
• Review Version 1 of the 450th Commemoration Strategic Master Plan.
• Presentation by Access Public Relations relevant to fundraising for the Spanish Constitutional Monument and the 450th Commemoration.
• Discussion relevant to the Constitutional Monument.
• City Commission Discussion.
• New Business.
From the commission’s regular meeting agenda:
• Discussion of items relevant to the 450th Commemoration based on the workshop meeting of October 24, 2011.
• Consideration of approval to adopt the Strategic Master Plan for the 450th Commemoration.
• Consideration to change the 450th Commemoration Workshop meetings to City Commission 450th Commemoration Regular Meetings.
If you are planning to attend — the St. Augustine City Commission workshop will begin at 3:30 p.m. Monday and will be held in the Alcazar Room; on the first floor of City Hall, located at 75 King Street in St. Augustine.