Pre-season passes are available at the St. Johns County Tax Collector’s offices, the St. Augustine Beach Pier and the Recreation and Parks Office on Mizell Road.
Through March 1st annual passes for residents are $30 and annual passes for non-residents are $40. Beginning March 2nd, the price of each pass increases by $10.
Beginning March 2nd, passes will be sold only at beach toll booths. Daily passes are $6 for St. Johns County residents and $7 for non-residents. New this year is a 3-day pass, to be used on three consecutive days, at a price of $15 for residents and $18 for non-residents.
Also new for 2011 are special season passes for vehicles with a handicap tag, available for $30. Note: the handicap passes are only valid when the number on the vehicle’s handicap tag matches the identification card of a person in the vehicle.
As a safety improvement, all traffic from A Street to the Crescent Beach ramp will be southbound only, with two-way traffic between Crescent Beach and the Fort Matanzas ramp.
Beach rules are necessary to remain considerate of the environment, wildlife and other beach goers.
Here are some highlights:
• Please properly dispose of litter and marine debris in the appropriate garbage and recycling containers.
• Prohibited items include alcoholic beverages, glass containers, unleashed animals, loud music, open fires and overnight camping.
• No items may be left on the beach overnight, such as tents, chairs and towels.
• The speed limit on all driving beaches is strictly enforced at 10 miles per hour.
• All pedestrian activities are prohibited within the Conservation Zone, which is 15 feet seaward of the dune line and designated by signs.
• Vehicles are to remain within the driving lane designated by cones.
• Parking is permitted on the west side of the driving lane only.
For a complete list of rules and additional information, visit www.sjcfl.us/beaches or call the St. Johns County Beaches information line at (904) 209-0331 to check for weekly updates on beach conditions.