Local Historic City News reporters learned that the St. Johns Cultural Council is seeking nominations for the fourth annual “Recognizing Outstanding Women in the Arts” awards.
Members of the community are being asked to submit nominations of women who have made significant contributions to the arts and to the community in St. Johns County.
To nominate an individual, please submit a one-page letter that includes the following information:
– Nominee’s name and contact information (e-mail, phone number, address)
– A brief history or background of the nominee
– Community impact of the nominee’s work, contributions, leadership, etc.
– Accomplishments, awards, special recognitions
– Arts advocacy initiatives, such as creating an arts non-profit or event
If you make a nomination, please include your contact information (e-mail, phone number), in case we need more information from you.
Optional materials may include:
– Photograph of the nominee
– Press clippings or other media about the nominee
Nominees must be residents of St. Johns County. Lifetime achievement will be one of the most important criteria for determining the final selections. Artists of all disciplines, including literary, visual, and performance are eligible.
Nominations may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to St. Johns Cultural Council, PO Box 840145, St. Augustine, FL 32080. The deadline for nominations is December 1, 2011. Only completed nominations will be considered. Past nominees who have not been selected must be re-nominated.
Former winners include: Georgie Altenbach, Emma Lee Carpenter, Roselyn Cole, Eva Doolittle, JoAnne Engelbert, Luba Estes, Betty Fell, Karen Harvey, Dr. Dorothy Israel, Carrie Johnson, Dr. Mildred Koger, Anne Kraft, Monika Macbeth, Chris Man, Jan Miller, Jean Rahner, Jean Troemel, Barbara Vickers, and Sally Walton.