The opening concert for the 2012 Concerts in the Plaza series set for Memorial Day afternoon has been cancelled due to the anticipated inclement weather from Subtropical Storm Beryl.
The opening concert was scheduled for Monday, May 28 starting at 1:00pm in the Plaza de la Constitución’s Gazebo.
This is the 22nd year for the Concerts in the Plaza series which is produced by the City of St. Augustine with support from the St. Johns County Tourism Development Council. The series starts its weekly Thursday concerts on May 31 at 7:00pm and continues through August. The series ends on Labor Day with a concert hosted by the St. Augustine Jazz Society, also the host for the cancelled Memorial Day concert.
• May 31 The Driftwoods
• June 7 Bob & Joline’s Friends of Mine Band
• June 14 Big Pineapple
• June 21 Mid-Life Crisis
• June 28 Lightly Salted
• July 5 The Restless Kind
• July 12 The Grapes of Roth
• July 19 Ancient City Slickers
• July 26 The Company
• August 2 The Falling Bones
• August 9 The Rick Arcusa Band
• August 16 Rob Ellis Peck & Friends
• August 23 The Mike Hart Band
• August 30 Lonesome Bert & The Skinny Lizards
• September 3 John Thomas Group with ET Swing and Friends
The city’s Public Affairs office made the cancelation announcement after discussions with the Jazz Society adding that every effort will be made to reschedule the concert in the near future.