Readers of Historic City News in St Augustine will want to register to attend “Politics in St Johns” to show support for their favorite candidates at one of St Johns County’s largest political events.
Although the event is hosted by the St Johns County Chamber of Commerce, it is open to members and guests as well as the public, and is being held on Thursday, July 19 from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm at Francis Field, located at 29 West Castillo Drive in St Augustine.
Attendees will meet aspiring candidates seeking local, state and federal offices, representing over twenty-five candidates and campaigns, according to Government Relations Manager Carol Saviak.
List of invited offices:
• United States Senator
• United States Representative – District 6
• State Attorney – Circuit 7 State Representative – District 17
• State Representative – District 24
• County Commissioner – District 1
• County Commissioner – District 3
• County Commissioner – District 5
• School Board – District 2
• School Board – District 5
• Anastasia Mosquito Control District – Seat 1
• Anastasia Mosquito Control District – Seat 5
• Saint Augustine Port, Waterway and Beach Commission – Group 4
• City of St. Augustine Commission – Seat 1
• City of St. Augustine Beach Commission
Candidates for public office will have information booths and an opportunity to speak.
Join over 300 pre-registered guests and enjoy terrific BBQ, offered by local vendors, and participate in a “straw poll” vote.
Chamber members can register for two complimentary admissions and straw poll tickets and may purchase additional tickets as needed. Guest tickets are available for $10. If you are running for political office and would like to participate in Politics in St Johns, contact the Chamber of Commerce by calling 904-829-5681.