Early morning electrical fire discovered at Cellar 6

400-CELLAR-6A popular nightspot on Aviles Street, Cellar 6, suffered considerable smoke damage early this morning, but expects to reopen in time to salvage the Independence Day crowds expected downtown for tonight’s fireworks display.

According to the St Augustine Fire Department and televised reports, sparks from deficient wiring, or some other electrical overload, caused the resulting damage which was discovered around 5:00 a.m. this morning by the cleaning crew.

The Fire Marshal investigation is continuing; however, an electrician is on site at this time, and hopes to be able to make the necessary repairs in order for the scene to be cleared to reopen, as soon as possible.

The total extent of the damage was unknown, although St Johns County Fire Rescue confirmed that no one was injured.

Comments

comments