Historic City News received notice from the City of St Augustine that starting at 10:00 a.m. and lasting for approximately two hours on Saturday, March 14th, the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will necessitate detours and interruptions in traffic.
The parade route begins at Riberia Street and Orange Street and continues east on Orange Street, south on South Castillo Drive, Avenida Menendez, west on Cathedral Place, north on Cordova Street, west on Orange Street, returning to Francis Field.
To accommodate traffic during the parade:
- San Marco Avenue southbound traffic on will turn west on West Castillo Drive.
- King Street will be two way from Cordova Street to Avenida Menendez.
- Bridge of Lions westbound traffic will continue west on two-way King Street
- King Street eastbound traffic will continue east over Bridge of Lions.
Streets closed to all traffic include:
- Riberia Street between Orange Street and West Castillo Drive
- Orange Street
- South Castillo Drive Avenida Menendez north of Cathedral Place
- Cathedral Place
- Cordova Street between King Street and Orange Street