The Florida Highway Patrol informed local Historic City News reporters that they are actively recruiting across the state and, tonight in Northeast Florida, they will host a career fair for individuals interested in pursuing a career as a state trooper.
The Career Fair will assist potential applicants interested in open positions in Jacksonville and other locations in the state in processing and screening for the application process.
The minimum qualifications to join the FHP are as follows:
- United States Citizen
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 19 years old at time of application (no maximum age restriction)
- Valid driver license
and one of the following:
- one year of law enforcement experience (sworn or non-sworn)
- two years of public contact experience
- two years of active continuous U.S. military service with an honorable discharge
- completed 30 semester or 45-quarter hours of college credit from an accredited college or university
Locations and date of Career Fair:
11/29/2016 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
FHP Jacksonville Station
7322 Normandy Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32205
Interested applicants with additional questions may reach out to Trooper Michael Elder in FHP’s recruitment section at (904) 693-5050 or visit www.BeATrooper.com.