Beginning at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning, St Johns County will provide sandbags and sand to Historic City News readers and other local residents in preparation for Hurricane Matthew.
Residents must provide their own transportation and shovels, and will be responsible for filling their own bags. There is a maximum allocation of 20 bags per person.
The sand and the bags will be provided free of charge between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. daily throughout the duration of the inclement weather event.
Sandbag distribution locations:
• Ron Parker Park – 607 Old Beach Road.
• Sims Pit – 536 S. Holmes Boulevard.
• Town of Hastings Town Hall – 6195 S. Main Street, behind the building.
• Mills Field – 1805 Racetrack Road, in the overflow parking area.
• Palm Valley – Under the Palm Valley Bridge on the east side of the Intracoastal Waterway.
For additional information, please call 904.209.0246.