With the demand of off-beach parking expected to exceed capacity during the holidays this summer, St. Johns County informed local Historic City News reporters that a free shuttle service is being offered to Mickler’s Beachfront Park and the St. Johns County Ocean and Fishing Pier.
The shuttles will run every 20 minutes with the final shuttles departing at 4:00 p.m. Service updates will be provided via the St. Johns County “Reach the Beach” mobile website, Twitter feed, and Facebook page.
- The Mickler’s Beachfront Park shuttle will transport beach visitors between Cornerstone Park, 1046 A1A North, and Mickler’s Beachfront Park, which provides direct access to the beach.
- The Pier shuttle will transport beach visitors between St. Augustine Beach City Hall, 2200 A1A South, and the Pier parking lot, which provides direct access to Pier amenities and the beach.
The service will only be available on the following dates and will only run from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
- Memorial Day: May 28 – 30
- Independence Day: July 2 – 4
- Labor Day: September 3 – 5
Both shuttle service routes will be provided, subject to inclement weather, by the St. Johns County Council on Aging, Inc. DBA Coastal Transportation. The cost for the Reach the Beach shuttles will be split between St Johns County and the Tourist Development Council.