Each weekday, Historic City News publishes a summary of calls handled by the St Augustine Police Department. The information contained in this report is taken from sources deemed reliable; the accuracy and completeness of which Historic City News does not control and cannot guarantee.
The original public records are on file with the St Augustine Police Department and should be consulted before taking any action.
August 22, 2016
- 16-26434 – 75 King Street, Warrant Arrest, Called to the Probation Office on a VOP warrant on Lawrence G. Fowler,58, W/M, Oglethorpe Blvd. He was also charged with possession of a controlled substance without a prescription.
- 16-26450 – ML King Av. Theft, Victim reported he allowed an old acquaintance to stay in his home over night, the next morning he noticed that 2 bottles of cologne and a “BIC” lighter, all valued at $136.50 missing from his home. The only description he could give was the name Malachi, 6’1”, 185 pounds.
- 16-26469 – Downtown Plaza, Battery, Michael L. Sparks, W/M, 50, homeless struck the victim in the face. Officers noticed a small laceration as well as witnesses confirming the story. Sparks was arrested and transported to the county jail.
- 16-26523 – St. Francis Street and ML King Ave. George A. Edwards, B/M, 64, St. Francis Street was arrested for possession of Crack Cocaine.
- 16-26550 – White Lion, Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer and Resisting without Violence, Marcus D. Smiley, 21, B/M, Pacific Blvd. While officers were inside investigating a possible crime Smiley became belligerent and refused to listen to officers. Officers attempted to arrest Smiley as he continued to resist, while still hands on with him, he had to be peppered sprayed to gain his compliance. He was transported to the county jail and booked.
- 16-26629 – Oneida Street, Disorderly Intoxication. Travis A. Johnson-Wynn, W/M, 27 and homeless. As officers arrived they noticed Johnson-Wynn acting out and cursing loudly, causing a disturbance. He was arrested, medically cleared and transported to the county jail.
- 16-26665 – Parking Garage, Possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and tampering with evidence. Richard J. Vatalaro, W/M, 35 Merritt Island. A check showed he had a warrant from Brevard County for a VOP charge. Officers were initially investigating a possible domestic situation when the Vatalaro started to act out by attempting to eat a controlled substance. He was arrested and transported to the county jail.
- 16-26732 – 511 Anastasia Blvd. Criminal Mischief, charges were signed against Joey Holliman Dobbs, W/M, 32, Johns Street for damaging the victims motorcycle and helmet. Damages are estimated at $1350.
August 23, 2016
- 16-26786 – Cuna Street, Burglary, during the night someone pried the front door to the business open. Once inside suspect took several six packs of bottled beer, brand unknown. The scene was photographed, DNA collected. Currently there are no witnesses or suspects. $100 damage to front door.
- 16-26816 – Castillo Parking Lot, Theft from Vehicle, victim stated he parked his car and went out with some friends. When he returned he found his car unlocked and the inside door handle broken. He said that he left his window cracked and the suspect must have used a coat hanger to gain entry. Missing was his black Hurley wallet with several debit cards inside. There are currently no witnesses or suspects in this case.
- 16-26843 – Harbour Vista Circle, Theft, victim stated that she left her bike on her front porch unlocked and sometime during the night someone came on her property and took her blue “SUN” beach cruiser. It has white accents with a black basket valued at $450. Currently there are no witnesses or suspects.
- 16-26847 – Atlantic Ave. Theft, victim stated that his car was broken into and his black Garmin GPS is missing, valued at $125. Currently there are no witnesses or suspects.
- 16-26849 – 399 Riberia Street, theft from a building, victim stated that he left is Black $600 Samsung cell phone in the men’s room at the Galimore Center before he went for a swim, an hour later the phone was missing. There are no witnesses or suspects in this case.
August 25, 2016
- 16-26982 – 70 Washington Street, Warrant Arrest, Valery Roxane Claw, W/F, 40, homeless. Arrested on a warrant out of St. Johns County.
- 16-26985 – 10 Poinciana Way, Possession of Drugs, Possession of a prescribed drug without a prescription and Drug Paraphernalia. Michael S. Mobley, W/M, 54, Poinciana Way was arrested, medically cleared and booked at the county jail.
- 16-26997 – Palm Row, Theft of Jewelry. The victim stated that within the last month since she saw her jewelry several people had been in and out of her home. The victim has moved and while unpacking her belongs saw that her jewelry was missing. She values it at $4,475.
- 16-27001 – 500 Pope Road, Theft, victim stated she parked her car at the YMCA at 8:25 pm and at 8:29 pm came back out to her car to find the passenger window broken out. Missing was her black Michael Kors purse ($400) and her wallet and check book. There are no witnesses or suspects.
- 16-27059 –City Marina, Theft. Victim advised that he parked his bike near the bathrooms for a couple of minutes. When he came out, his bike and backpack were missing. There was no one in the area; he described the bike as a black 3G and his backpack as a black Nike bag with a few of his personal belongings.
- 16-27064 – Anastasia State Park, Warrant. Officers dispatched to the campground at the state park because of a person who appeared to be passed out. A computer check showed that Steven A. Starrett, W/M, 37, Marsh Island Circle had two outstanding warrants out of Lake County, Florida. Grand Theft and Fraudulent use of a Credit Card. He was booked at the county jail.
- 16-27068 – Water Street, complainant reported that a month ago he found some change missing from his car, not thinking too much of it, he did not report it. He since has received a credit card bill with an unauthorized charge of $1300 on it and needs to report it to the police.
- 16-27083 – Public Library, Disorderly Conduct, Randell W. Penedrgraff, W/M, 44, homeless was arrested for causing a disturbance at the public library when he was escorted out of the building.
- 16-27084 – 213 Anastasia Blvd. Theft-$152, Kara Rose Grupe, W/F, 23 Oakdale, NY was arrested for petit theft. The victim stated that she took a microphone and cord from his business. The next day she returned them, the victim contacted police again to charge her with the theft, and she was arrested and transported to the county jail.