Each weekday, Historic City News publishes a summary of calls handled by the St Augustine Police Department. The information contained in this report is taken from sources deemed reliable; the accuracy and completeness of which Historic City News does not control and cannot guarantee.
The original public records are on file with the St Augustine Police Department and should be consulted before taking any action.
• Charges filed on Robert Brown, 7-23-74, St. Augustine for Petit Theft. He is observed on security video taking a $17 “IPhone Charger” from Carmelo’s. 16-16640
• An unknown suspect reportedly stole a 2000 black BMW 5 series from the 100 block of Carver St. West. The tag number is BRR0016. The vehicle has been entered into NCIC/FCIC. 16-16663
• It was reported that there was mooring issues in Salt Run, The SAPD Marine Unit responded and found the “Manatee”, a 43’ fiberglass sailing boat anchored south of the mooring field. The officer called the owner about a problem that stems from whether or not the Manatee is anchored too close to the field and a channel marker further south. The owner explained that he has been told the State will be moving the marker that is currently there because it is in the wrong place. The investigation continues with state and local authorities. 16-16679
• A business in the 900 block of Anastasia Blvd. reported that someone tries to pull back some wrought iron covering a window in an attempt to gain entry into their business. No entry was made, the building remains secure. 16-16700
• While on a routine patrol an officer again spotted a black 2013 Ford Escape parked in the Historic City Parking Garage, as it has been for a month now. The tag comes back to Atlanta Toyota; it has not been reported stolen. Call was placed to the dealership after hours in an attempt to come to some sort of resolution. SAPD is awaiting that call today. 16-16715