The City of St Augustine has reported to Historic City News that our readers should expect that on both Saturday and Sunday morning, November 12th and 13th, the St. Augustine Half Marathon will necessitate traffic detours and road closures. The event features a 10K and a 5K on Saturday and a half marathon on Sunday. Some detours begin as early as 5:00am with all areas open to traffic by approximately 10:30 a.m.
Saturday’s races start at Francis Field and continue along the northbound lanes of Avenida Menendez, over the Bridge of Lions and along Anastasia Blvd. The 5K extends as far as Matanzas Blvd. before returning to Francis Field for the finish. The 10K continues into Anastasia State Park before returning along the same route to finish at Francis Field.
Sunday’s half marathon starts on Avenida Menendez near the Castillo de San Marcos, then continues over the Bridge of Lions, along Anastasia Boulevard to SR-312, over the SR-312 bridge to Sgt. Tutten Dr. before returning along the same route to Hwy A1A, then Pope Road, Santander St., through Anastasia State Park, the Lighthouse Park neighborhood, and along Anastasia Boulevard, the Bridge of Lions and Avenida Menendez to finish at Francis Field.
Detours and road closures:
Areas closed to all traffic from 6:30am to 10:30am:
- W. Castillo Dr. (reopen after races have started and area has been cleared)
- Northbound lanes of S. Castillo Dr./Avenida Menendez north of the Bridge of Lions
- Westbound lane of Bridge of Lions
- Northbound and southbound inside lanes of Anastasia Blvd./Hwy A1A from the Bridge of Lions to SR 312 and along SR 312 from Hwy A1A to Sgt. Tutten Rd.
Areas affected by detours starting at 5:00am are:
- Bridge of Lions – two-way traffic alternated using eastbound lane only
- Traffic will be restricted to outside lanes on Anastasia Boulevard from the Bridge of Lions to SR-312, and SR-312 from Hwy A1A to Sgt Tutten Rd.
For complete schedule and race course maps, visit StAugustineMarathon.com.