St Johns County informed Historic City News local reporters that qualifying income-eligible St Johns County residents who have experienced damage to their home as a result of Hurricane Matthew may be permitted to apply for relief assistance from the Florida State Housing Initiative Partnership Program.
According to program guidelines, the assistance may help cover costs for the eligible activities listed below:
- Purchase of emergency supplies for eligible households to weather damaged homes (such as tarps)
- Interim repairs to avoid further damage; tree and debris removal required to make the individual housing unit habitable
- Construction of wells or repairs to existing wells where public water is not available
- Payment of insurance deductibles for rehabilitation of homes covered under homeowner’s insurance policies
- Security deposit, rental assistance for eligible recipients who have been displaced from their homes due to damage from the storm
If you are interested in determining if you may qualify for this disaster relief assistance, please contact the St Johns County Housing and Community Development Division at 904.827.6898.