St. Johns County School District has cancelled all after school activities for Thursday, September 1, 2016, except for Extended Day.
Vilano Beach is closed to vehicular access for the immediate future but remains open to pedestrian traffic.
Castillo de San Marcos National Monument and Fort Matanzas National Monument reported to Historic City News that the National Monuments will be closed Thursday, September 1st and the morning of Friday, September 2nd. Both Monuments plan to reopen at noon on Friday September 2nd.
St. Johns County is providing free sandbags for residents in preparation for Tropical Depression 9 at the following five locations:
- Ron Parker Park – 607 Old Beach Road.
- Sims Pit – 536 S. Holmes Boulevard.
- Town of Hastings Town Hall – 6195 S. Main Street, behind the building.
- Mills Field – 1805 Racetrack Road, in the overflow parking area.
- Palm Valley – Under the Palm Valley Bridge on the east side of the Intracoastal Waterway.
St. Johns County Emergency Management is closely monitoring Tropical Depression Nine and is participating in conference calls with Historic City News, the Florida Division of Emergency Management, National Weather Service Jacksonville and National Hurricane Center for the most up-to-date information.
St. Johns County Emergency Management is requesting that any departments or organizations that are taking any actions relative to the storm to advise by email so the information can be added to the situation reports.
Now would be a good time for all citizens to review their emergency plan and supplies, as well as determine their Evacuation Zone by going to the website www.sjcemergencymanagement.com and clicking on the My Evacuation Zone link.
Please take this time to make sure that your NOAA weather radio is operational. The programming numbers for the NOAA weather radios are as follows:
- Northern St. Johns County – Jacksonville Transmitter – 162.550
- Southern St. Johns County – Palatka Transmitter – 162.425
- A.M.E number for specific County programming 012109
The next Situation Report will be issued tomorrow at 12:00 p.m. unless conditions dictate an earlier report.