Historic City News was notified by Florida Department of Transportation Public Information Officer, Debbie Delgado, that traffic will be impacted at the following St Augustine and St Johns County locations where roadwork is being conducted.
Be alert to lane closures and temporary detours, as well as increased congestion in these areas. FDOT employees and contractors will be working on the roadways and need your full attention.
- A1A – Matanzas Inlet Bridge
Southbound and northbound lanes are narrowed and shifted through spring 2018 for St. Johns County water utility work.
- A1A/San Marco Avenue – Picolata Road to Cincinnati Avenue
Nighttime southbound and northbound intermittent lane closures, including side roads, weeknights through spring 2018 from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. for City of St. Augustine water utility work.
- Russell Sampson Road – St. Johns Parkway/County Road 2209 to East of Liberty Pines Academy (FIN 431418-2-52-01 & 431418-2-01)
Full road closure Tuesday night from 9 p.m. to Wednesday morning at 6 a.m. (October 3-4) and Friday night at 9 p.m. through Monday morning at 6 a.m. (October 6-9). Eastbound traffic will detour south on St. Johns Parkway and east on County Road 210; westbound traffic will detour west on County Road 210 and north on St. Johns Parkway.
- St. Johns Parkway/County Road 2209 – North Arabella Way to Russell Sampson Road (FIN 431418-2-52-01 & 431418-2-01)
Lanes are reduced to one way in each direction until the completion of the State Road 9B construction project which is scheduled for summer 2018.
- State Road 13 – North of Rivertown Boulevard
Southbound and northbound continuous lane closures with flaggers Saturday through Friday to repair cross-drain pipe.
- State Road 13 – South of Rivertown Boulevard
Southbound and northbound lanes are shifted to paved temporary detour lanes in the right-of-ways south of Rivertown Boulevard for approximately a quarter-mile until late 2017 for roundabout installation. Bicyclists share the full detour travel lanes.
- State Road 13 – Trout Creek Bridge to State Road 16
Daytime southbound and northbound intermittent lane closures with flaggers Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for pipe staging related to water main installation.
- State Road 16 – Shands Bridge
Daytime westbound lane closures with flaggers Saturday from 7 a.m. to noon to add pavement markings.
- State Road 16 – West of I-95
Daytime intermittent lane closures Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for driveway installation.
- State Road 206 – Crescent Beach Bridge (FIN 430449-1-52-01)
Daytime eastbound and westbound lane closures with flaggers Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. for bridge repairs.
- U.S. 1/Dixie Highway – South of Valley Ridge Boulevard
Daytime northbound right lane closure Tuesday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for turn lane installation.