Historic City News reminds our readers that the St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners provides residents who have an interest in participating in their local government with a variety of board and commission opportunities.
The volunteer positions consider and make recommendations regarding a myriad of topics including planning and zoning issues, development projects, libraries, parks and recreation facilities and programs, and arts, culture, and tourism matters.
The following boards and committees are currently accepting applications:
- • South Anastasia Design Review Board (application deadline: March 8)
- • Library Advisory Board (application deadline: March 3)
- • Affordable Housing Advisory Committee (application deadline: March 3)
- • Tourist Development Council (application deadline: February 23)
- • Northwest Communication Tower Advisory Board (application deadline: February 21)
- • West Augustine Nuisance Abatement Board (applications accepted until vacancies filled)
- • Fire Code Board of Appeals (applications accepted until vacancies filled)
Please visit the Boards and Commission Webpage at www.sjcfl.us/Boards to view the requirements and duties of each board and committee, download an application, or contact the Board of County Commissioners office at 904.209.0300 or email@example.com for more information.