St Johns County Supervisor of Elections Vicky Oakes has prepared the following list of things Historic City News readers need to know about voting in the August Primary Election.
With all the excitement generated by the upcoming presidential election in November, Historic City News reminds you that it is just as important to cast your vote in the local Primary Election August 30, if not more so. Two constitutional officers and two St Johns County Commissioners will be chosen based on the results of this election. If you vote in the City of St Augustine, one City Commissioner could be selected if they receive more than 50% of the ballots voted.
- Applications to register to vote are available:
Online at www.votesjc.com
Driver’s License Offices
County Government Offices
Public Assistance Offices
Armed Forces Recruitment Offices
- Sample ballots are available on the Supervisor of Elections’ website (www.votesjc.com) under “my voter” page then view “my sample ballot”.
- Sample ballots will be mailed out August 8th.
- Voters who receive vote-by-mail ballots and voters who have chosen to receive their sample ballot by e-mail will not receive a mailed sample ballot.
- Voter Registration Closes August 1st. New voter registrations and party changes must be received or postmarked by August 1st.
- Be sure to request your vote-by-mail ballot early and return your ballot so that it is in the Elections Office by 7:00 p.m. on Election Day.
- The new standard for domestic postal delivery of first class mail is now 3-5 days.
- Overseas vote-by-mail ballots are mailed beginning July 16th.
- Domestic vote-by-mail ballots are mailed beginning July 29th.
- Red vote-by-mail ballot drop boxes will be available between August 4th and August 30th at all public libraries, St. Augustine Beach City Hall, and the Tax Collector’s Office in Ponte Vedra Beach and Julington Creek.
- A 24-Hour vote-by-mail ballot drop box is located in front of the Supervisor of Elections Office located at 4455 Avenue A #101, St. Augustine, FL 32095.
- You may also return a vote-by-mail ballot at any Early Voting Location during Early Voting.
- Early Voting August 20th — August 27th will be open daily, between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. at the following locations:
Supervisor of Elections Office
Southeast Branch Library
St. Augustine Beach City Hall
Ponte Vedra Branch Library
Julington Creek Annex
Hastings Town Hall
- All 46 precincts in St. Johns County will open for voting on Election Day, Tuesday August 30, between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- On Election Day, you must vote at the precinct location indicated on your voter information card, or on the Supervisor of Elections’ website (www.votesjc.com) under “Find My Polling Place”, or by calling the Elections Office at 904.823.2238. The Supervisor of Elections Office is not an Election Day precinct. However, vote-by-mail ballots are available for emergency situations only.