Local facebook personality arrested for domestic violence

Early this morning at about 1:30 a.m., Historic City News learned that Deputy Clayton Mayerlen and Deputy Jeremy Banks were dispatched to a domestic disturbance at a Heritage Park residence on Wild Pine Drive.

Upon arrival, the deputies found the female victim locked in the master bathroom, and her husband, 37-year-old Jay Graham Neumark, who Deputy Mayerlen attempted to interview, outside.

Neumark, who is known as “Jay Graham” on facebook, was an original participant in the St Augustine Vagrant Watch facebook but was removed from the group by the administrator on January 21, 2018, ostensibly for “a violation of the rules”.  Neumark was described as “a passionate member and moderator for this group”.  The admin wrote to the closed group that “Jay has created a group called St. Augustine Investigates. From my understanding, he will be investigating the problems within local homeless shelters.”

According to information determined in the investigation at the scene, Neumark grabbed the victim by both of her hands and arms while engaged in an domestic argument and altercation. While being interviewed, she told officers that she was “scared for her safety and wellbeing” when her husband was restraining her.

Mayerlen ordered Neumark to stay outside the residence while Deputy Banks went inside to collect his wife’s statement. As Banks entered the residence, Neumark followed behind him. Mayerlen reported that he verbally ordered Neumark to “stop”, and told him to stay outside the residence — however Neumark refused.

At that time, Mayerlen ordered Neumark to place his hands behind his back. The deputy grabbed Neumark’s left arm to restrain him in handcuffs. According to the arrest report, Neumark immediately turned around to face Mayerlen, attempting to forcefully remove his hands from the deputy’s control. A brief struggle occurred between Neumark, Banks, and Mayerlen, while Neumark was handcuffed.

Neumark was arraigned earlier this morning on one-count of domestic battery and one-count of resisting an officer without violence. He remains in custody, at this time, in lieu of $1,000 total bond.