St. Johns County Beach Driving Passes go on sale December 3rd, according to an announcement received by Historic City News this morning. Tax Collector Dennis Hollingsworth is suggesting that a pass makes a great stocking stuffer for the holiday season.
St. Johns County resident passes are $50, non-resident passes are $100, and handicap passes are $40. Passes will be available during normal business hours at the following locations through March 1, 2019:
• Tax Collector’s Main Office – 4030 Lewis Speedway, St. Augustine
• Tax Collector’s DuPont Center – 6658 US1 South, St. Augustine
• Tax Collector’s Julington Creek Office – 725 Flora Branch Blvd., St. Johns
• Tax Collector’s Ponte Vedra Office – 5430 Palm Valley Rd., Ponte Vedra Beach
• St. Johns County Beach Services Office – 901 Pope Rd., St. Augustine
• St. Johns County Ocean and Fishing Pier Gift Shop – 350 A1A Blvd., St. Augustine
Residents must present a valid I.D. with a St. Johns County address or present proof of property tax payments in St. Johns County to purchase a resident pass. When requesting a handicap pass, a handicap hangtag or proof of qualification must be presented. Disabled military are eligible for a free annual pass by presenting military I.D. or a letter from Veterans Affairs verifying disabled status.
Vehicles accessing the beach do not need a beach pass until March 1, 2019. After March 1, 2019, beach passes will be available for purchase (at the same rate) at tollbooth locations only.
For more information about annual beach driving passes, please call the St. Johns County Beach Services Office at 904-209-0341. Visit the Reach the Beach Mobile App or http://www.sjcfl.us/beaches for current beach access updates and beach driving conditions.