Village Plumbing building destroyed by fire


Historic City News freelance photographer Christopher Kimball was on the scene of a commercial structure fire at Village Plumbing in the 200 block of Dobbs Road yesterday afternoon.

Firefighters from St. Johns County Fire Rescue along with units from the St. Augustine Fire Department battled a blaze that destroyed the commercial building and its contents.

No one was inside the building and no injuries were reported.

St. Johns County Fire Rescue spokesman said a passerby noticed smoke coming from the place of business and called 911.

Firefighters said that by the time they arrived, flames were already shooting through the roof of the building.

Investigators are now trying to figure out how the fire started.

Photo credit: © 2010 Historic City News freelance photographer Christopher Kimball

Facebook Comments