Each weekday, Historic City News publishes a summary of calls handled by the St Augustine Police Department. The information contained in this report is taken from sources deemed reliable; the accuracy and completeness of which Historic City News does not control and cannot guarantee.
The original public records are on file with the St Augustine Police Department and should be consulted before taking any action.
- Earl Rodney Chesser, 55, homeless was observed by an officer drinking a cold Busch beer, a violation of City Ordinance. Chesser was arrested and transported to the County Jail. 16-17318
- Richard Gibson (victim), 70 Washington St. reported that he leaned his red Schwinn bicycle against a tree on the south lawn of the Castillo at 7am. He laid down and took a nap, when he woke up his bike was missing. No witnesses or suspects are noted in the report. 16-17330
- A homeowner on Clark St. received a call from her pest control company that they were not being allowed to spray her residence because another lady told them to leave. The homeowner drove home and called the police. During the investigation the officer learned that the woman (now listed as Jane Doe) had gone onto the porch and took the house keys that were left for the pest control man. Jane Doe continued to be non-compliant with the officer. She was arrested and transported to the County Jail where she continued with her ruse of being Jane Doe. She was charged with Burglary and Theft. 16-17331
- The manager at “Hoppers” reported the theft of a Florida tag-EXIM98 (entered into FCIC) and Kawasaki Golf Cart engine (serial number entered into FCIC). There is a possible suspect in this case, the investigation continues. 16-17344
- A victim of a theft reported that she left her wallet on the sink in the ladies room at Noby’s on Anastasia Blvd. When she realized she was missing her wallet, she went back to look for it. The wallet and contents were gone. The victim took a couple of days to look for her wallet before she called the police to report this theft. Inside her was a $1000 prepaid Visa card which was used at several locations in St. Augustine before she placed a hold on the card. Investigation continues. 16-17363
- An employee of Wells Fargo, 33 King St. reported he placed his bike in the lobby of the bank at 8:15 am and at 3:30 pm he went to retrieve his bike and it was gone. He reported it was a black and red Hyper Spin fit 700c Hybrid valued at $150. 16-17364
- Jamie Byrd, w/f, homeless, 37 years old was arrested in the plaza for drinking from an open container of wine. 16-17383
- At 1:35 am an officer observed suspicious vehicle in the San Sebastian Winery parking lot. As he approached the vehicle 2 men ran from it. The officer activated his emergency lights and called for back-up. He was able to chase down Rashard William Kee, 28 years of age, b/m from Church Street, Jacksonville, Fl. As other officers arrived they were able to take into custody a w/m juvenile, who quickly stated “I’ll talk with you”. He stated they had just burglarized a store/ gas station on Vilano Beach, the Sheriff’s Office was indeed working a Burglary at that location. A check on the juvenile revealed he was a runaway from Jacksonville. Officers then checked the car and found it to be stolen from Jacksonville Beach. Both males were charged with Grand Theft Auto and Resisting Arrest without Violence. Both were transported to the County Jail separately. 16-17419