Old Town Trolley reported to Historic City News that for the sixth year, guests can vote for their favorite holiday lighting display in the annual Light Up Night! contest. Its all part of the Nights of Lights 25-year milestone celebration in St Augustine. Nights of Lights has been voted one of the Top 10 “Best Holiday Lighting Displays in the World” by National Geographic.
Guests of Old Town Trolley will help to decide which three businesses are to win cash and prizes for having the best lighting displays in St. Augustine. Beginning Saturday, December 1st and continuing through Sunday, February 3rd, trolley guests can vote for their favorite holiday lighting displays at www.trolleytours.com/holidaylightscontest
“We expect another great year with a huge turnout while hosting guests from around the world and providing quality shows for the entire family,” said Dave Chatterton, General Manager for Old Town Trolley Tours and Attractions. “In addition to professional musicians who are well-known in northeast Florida, we provide a wonderful opportunity for students in St Johns County schools to perform.”Dave Chatterton
Beginning Friday, November 23 through Saturday, December 29 from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m., Old Town Trolley presents its sixth-year of free entertainment with St. Johns County school groups and local musical acts hosted at the Visitor Information Center. The performance venue is located 10 West Castillo Drive in downtown St. Augustine; at the corner of West Castillo Drive and San Marco Avenue. The Nights of Lights Trolley entertainment schedule is as follows:
• Friday, November 23 – The Florida Brass Quintet
• Saturday, November 24 – Bells of St. Augustine, St. Augustine Handbells
• Friday, November 30 – Landrum Middle School Jazz Band and Drumline
• Saturday, December 1 – St. Augustine High School Band
• Friday, December 7 – Fruit Cove Middle School Jazz Ensemble
• Saturday, December 8 – St. Augustine High School Jazz Ambassadors
• Friday, December 14 – Nease High School Chorus Group
• Saturday, December 15 – St. Augustine High School String Ensemble
• Sunday, December 16 – Pedro Menendez High School Band
• Wednesday, December 19 – Showtime U.S.A.
• Thursday, December 20 – Gamble Rogers Middle School Jazz Band
• Friday, December 21 – St. Augustine Concert Band
• Saturday, December 22 – Voices of St. Augustine
• Sunday, December 23 – Ramona The Band
• Tuesday, December 25 – Ramona The Band
• Wednesday, December 26 – Saturday, December 29 – The Ancient City Brass Band
During the “Nights of Lights” tour of more than three million white twinkling lights, guests will be offered complimentary hot apple cider and homemade cookies while they listen and carol-along to their favorite holiday music.
New this year is Old Town Trolley’s Fast Track Pass. Guests will reserve their check-in time in advance and be granted access to their Trolley with a shorter wait time. Fast Track Pass admission is good for up to one hour following the reserved time. More information is available on the website at www.trolleytours.com.
For more than 17 years, Old Town Trolley Tours has brought transportation and entertainment to St. Augustine, taking visitors and residents throughout the historic city. Historic Tours of America, headquartered in St Augustine, offers 23 tour stops, and more than 100 points of interest.